Shouldn't it be common sense to know that this is disgusting?

I went to subway at a mall about 35 minutes before they close. I asked if they were still open, and if it were a bad time. The employee said that she still is being payed to work for the next 35 minutes so it is fine. She said that some people come in way later and that it is not a big deal. I tried to order my... show more I went to subway at a mall about 35 minutes before they close. I asked if they were still open, and if it were a bad time. The employee said that she still is being payed to work for the next 35 minutes so it is fine. She said that some people come in way later and that it is not a big deal. I tried to order my sandwich as fast as I could to make it easier. I knew exactly what I wanted, and it was very simple to make. I got a steak and cheese, toasted, and the only things I got on it were cheese, sauce, and peppers. The employee seemed like she was in a hurry though, and while my sandwich was toasting, walked over to the register, and asked me to pay now, instead of later. I figured that she was in a hurry and obliged. The thing that bothered me was that she was wearing gloves while making my sandwich, and didn't take them off while handling my money, then proceeded to finish making my sandwich using the same gloves. It just seemed wrong to handle money, then directly touch food. Do you agree or disagree that this is disgusting?
Update: Thank you all for the concern of my sandwich