Need help with ideas on digging up a mess of trees grown into chain link fencing. How do I get the chain saw below the fence?

Update: Imagine trees and shrubs sprouting on either side of a chain link fence, then growing through the chain link fence and continuing upward for several feet above the fence. I've been cutting them off just above the fence line for years, but am sick of the work and ugliness and now considering removing the fence... show more Imagine trees and shrubs sprouting on either side of a chain link fence, then growing through the chain link fence and continuing upward for several feet above the fence. I've been cutting them off just above the fence line for years, but am sick of the work and ugliness and now considering removing the fence altogether. I've run ads in years past saying, "Free fencing if you dig it up" and got a few calls but the fence remains.
Update 2: I never mentioned the trees to callers and can't imagine anyone now, with even more tree embeddedness, doing the work when it means getting rid of the growth that now has the chain-link permanently fixed to the land, not just the posts...or even wanting free chain link with pieces of leftover trunks within it... show more I never mentioned the trees to callers and can't imagine anyone now, with even more tree embeddedness, doing the work when it means getting rid of the growth that now has the chain-link permanently fixed to the land, not just the posts...or even wanting free chain link with pieces of leftover trunks within it that can never be removed, even if the fence were already dug up.
Update 3: If I want ALL growth gone for appearance purposes, and to keep from having to cut it all down each year, I'll have to cut them off at ground level and poison the leftover trucks. But you can't operate a chain saw that close to chain link.
Update 4: First thought is to dig a 2' wide trench underneath and away from the chain link in order to make room for an entire chain saw housing and blade to cut down the growth from one end of the fence to the other, but that would take far more time and work than I want to spend, just to make room for a chain saw.
Update 5: 2nd thought was to pay megabucks for a Bobcat driver to dig up everything. But this mess started when a neighbor put up a fence just 1' inside the chain link and that's why what's growing is so hard to get to. He said he would trim things between the fences at the time, but he lied. He can't even... show more 2nd thought was to pay megabucks for a Bobcat driver to dig up everything. But this mess started when a neighbor put up a fence just 1' inside the chain link and that's why what's growing is so hard to get to. He said he would trim things between the fences at the time, but he lied. He can't even see the mess so it's not his problem.
Update 6: The cleanest, most attractive option to a prospective buyer when I sell it would be to somehow eliminate the ugly double-fence (my chain link, leaving just his wooden) and all growth with it. Obviously I can't damage his wood fence while getting rid of mine, if I choose to get rid of it. I'm tried of just... show more The cleanest, most attractive option to a prospective buyer when I sell it would be to somehow eliminate the ugly double-fence (my chain link, leaving just his wooden) and all growth with it. Obviously I can't damage his wood fence while getting rid of mine, if I choose to get rid of it. I'm tried of just trimming the trees above the chain link fence every year. This has gotten worse over time. What would you do?
Update 7: P.S. - Legal ownership of the chain link fence is another topic in itself. I believe it could totally disappear and my neighbor wouldn't care. He can't even see it. He had a survey done when his wooden fence went it, but I don't know if he built his inside the property line, requiring me to pay for my... show more P.S. - Legal ownership of the chain link fence is another topic in itself. I believe it could totally disappear and my neighbor wouldn't care. He can't even see it. He had a survey done when his wooden fence went it, but I don't know if he built his inside the property line, requiring me to pay for my own survey if I ever wanted to put up fence of my own before attaching to the corners of his fence should I ever put up my own fence, 90 degrees to his, which I plan to do.
Update 8: He is a recluse and won't talk to people. I don't have his number and left a note in his mailbox but he will not respond. I haven't talked to a lawyer, but I suspect he/she would tell me there's nothing I can do if he won't talk, just pay for my own survey and build according, even if it means... show more He is a recluse and won't talk to people. I don't have his number and left a note in his mailbox but he will not respond. I haven't talked to a lawyer, but I suspect he/she would tell me there's nothing I can do if he won't talk, just pay for my own survey and build according, even if it means an entire new wooden fence just inside his, which would be stupid. He's obviously retired and rich, I'm neither.