Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 10 months ago

How to get rid of dark circles around my eyes?

I have dark circles around my eyes. The circles diminish a little and I mean a little if I get a lot of sleep and I mean a lot like 13 hours a night for three days...who has that kind of time to sleep and for minimal results. I heard it is blood pooling around the eyes and it can be drained by a doctor but it comes back in not so much time. The only thing that has helped me was makeup or sunshades and I tried vitamins and creams. Men can't wear makeup but racoon eyes don't look bad on men they look bad on women. Anything else I can try suggestions please.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

See a doctor. It could be a health issue.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

You can put spoons in the fridge and then use them under your eyes in the morning to wake them up. Make sure your hydrating enough and getting enough sleep too. It's natural to have a bit of a darkness under the eyes so if you still don't feel good about them you can use a bit of concealer under your eyes.

• 10 months ago

Drink 2 litres of water a day - does wonders

• 10 months ago

I was not able to get rid of my dark circles until I went to the doctor and had some blood work done. Turned out I was low in vitamin D. The doctor told me how much to take and I don't have much in the way of dark circles anymore.

But if your dark circles are not health-related, you can always use a peach (for lighter skin tones) or orange (for darker skin tones) undereye corrector before you apply concealer under your eyes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

There is nothing you can do except bleach the skin. Dark circles that won't go away even with sleep are caused by sinus pressure.

• 10 months agoReport

I bleached my skin and it helped a lot.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Green Tea bags (make sure it has caffeine in it) boil it and put them in the refrigerator until they are cold then get a sleep mask and put the tea bags under it to hold them in place while you sleep. In the morning you should see a difference.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Well firstly make sure you're getting enough sleep every night, even if it doesn't seem to help. I take a few sips of water every 10 minutes to make sure I'm always hydrated. Vitamin D and particularly Vitamin K deficiencies are often the cause of dark circles. When you are deficient, tiny blood capillaries can leak around your eyes. Exercise definitely helps, cardio at least does. It really helps with blood flow and it feels like just the bouncing and the fast heart rate or blood flow from running helps drain around my eyes. Sometimes it's just hyperpigmentation, and even if it's not, skin lightening ingredients can help (but they can also be dangerous..). I used to put some azelaic acid I bought in powder form around my eyes... bad idea, but it did lighten them temporarily some days.

• 10 months ago

It is NOT blood "pooling" around the eyes, and it cannot be "drained". That's not a thing.

It could be genetic - do either of your parents show similar markings?

It could be allergies - do you suffer from allergies or asthma?

It could be simply your normal coloring - in which case, use a good concealer and get plenty of sleep.

• Patricia
      Lv 4
      10 months agoReport

My grandfather had the same problem.

• 10 months ago

Just stay up for a really long time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.