What happens when someone hits you, and they are driving their mother’s car, and they are not included in her insurance policy?

A man was TEXTING AND DRIVING, ran the stop sign and did not slow down. He slammed right into the drivers side of my vehicle. It is not totaled, drivers door just needs to be repaired. This man was driving his mothers car. He was not included on the policy. Everything is in his mothers name. The claims adjuster is... show more A man was TEXTING AND DRIVING, ran the stop sign and did not slow down. He slammed right into the drivers side of my vehicle. It is not totaled, drivers door just needs to be repaired. This man was driving his mothers car. He was not included on the policy. Everything is in his mothers name. The claims adjuster is telling me that this man and his mother are both ignoring phone calls and emails, and all attempts to reach them. The adjuster is telling me that they cannot move forward with my claim as they need a statement from him. Can he get away with this? Does that mean that if I go and drive my friends car and I am not included on her policy, and I wreck into someone’s car, I can get away with it with zero consequences? This incident happened 21 days ago. What can I do about this? Someone please help me.