Is there any way to manipulate the weather instead of cloud seeding?

I read a big article about Silver Iodide, but it seems to have serious environmental hazards and can get into crops and give people all sorts of horrible infections and cancer, and pollutes rivers and it kills fish. There's a company somewhere that use this method 3 days before a wedding, then it rains non stop, and so on the day, you'll have clear skies for your special little day. I've heard of Wilhelm Reich and his cloud buster, but as far as i know he used to to make it rain in very arid areas, which would also be of great use for places that need that, but some areas just get too much cloud and rain and i think and hope that someday we can look back at his work and try to make everyone have their fair share of good weather.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Dirac
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

Even with cloud seeding there is more than a little doubt as to whether it works or not.

I have seen a proposal on a possible way to weaken severe thunderstorms and perhaps prevent tornadoes by heating portions of the clouds with microwave beams from space. While such a thing sounds ludicrous, the person that proposed this used high resolution storm simulation code and it looked favorable.

It's doubtful that any test of such a system would be possible in the U.S.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

the HAARP in Alaska is able to move the jet stream . it can wobble the polar vortex to bring cold or warmer air to different places .

• Dirac
      Lv 4
      1 year agoReport

No scientists believe that.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.