Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Should women owned small businesses be legally advantaged over male owned?

Update:

In the U.S., women owned small businesses are legally advantaged over male owned in a few ways.

74 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In a world where women are pushing for gender equality, why on earth should women be treated differently? It goes both ways - if women get too many leg ups just because they feel they are disadvantaged because of their sex, before u know it men are the disadvantaged and that would be just wrong. Equality is equality.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Have the cake and eat it too? Not if you want to be taken seriously. I've met a few people of the other gender who, as it turned out, just wanted to pose glamerously and wear the uniform of a serious profession... But not put in the years of hard work. A few, not all of them, but they were a loud few.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

nah man

Wakanda forever

• 8 months ago

Women can run a business as good as a man and as far as I’m concerned do not have any advantages nobody else can have.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

I thought we were created under the idea of all created equally under the eyes of the law? Shouldn't that be what we're trying to achieve?

• CMoney8 months agoReport

Yeah if we got to a point where all groups had equal opportunities (without policy interventions) that would be ideal. Unfortunately we’re not there yet, and won’t get there unless we level the playing field to overcome institutional barriers such as societal sexism

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Advantages? No. Own businesses? Yes. Equal opportunity.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

As long as its white males they're advantaged over I'm ok with it.

• NiJo
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

How does practicing sexism and racism solve sexism and racism?

• Nick
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Women are capable of running a business too. Why should gender play a part?

• Desiree8 months agoReport

I agree, but the question is about whether or not the woman-owned businesses are getting special treatment just because they're owned by women.

• 8 months ago

egalitarianism gives everyone an equal chance, giving advantages to anyone would be ridiculous

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

As a female business owner, I approve of all the advantages afforded to me. They are quite helpful.

• NiJo
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

Same argument southern slave owners used to deny emancipation?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.