I have hypoglycaemic episodes and I don’t know why?

I’ve had minor symptoms of hypoglycaemia since I was a teenager, it was basically shakiness when my blood sugar levels were too low. But recently these symptoms have been getting worse, like I have terrible headaches, fatigue, a lot of shakiness, light headedness and sometimes I feel like I will pass out. I’ve... show more I’ve had minor symptoms of hypoglycaemia since I was a teenager, it was basically shakiness when my blood sugar levels were too low. But recently these symptoms have been getting worse, like I have terrible headaches, fatigue, a lot of shakiness, light headedness and sometimes I feel like I will pass out. I’ve recently went to the doctor and he suggested that I buy a glucose meter. I’ve noticed that my blood sugar levels are consistently low, usually after a meal they only reach maybe a 6 usually 5.6 mmol, doesn’t matter what I eat either and it typically goes down to 3.8 mmol which is when my symptoms get really bad. But I also have had readings (I typically test about an hour and a half/2 hours after eating meals, I try to also snack during the day) that read up to a 9.8 mmol. I know I won’t get an answer until my doctor receives me blood tests but it could take weeks and I’ve searched the internet and haven’t found much luck on what could be causing these extreme lows that sometimes spike to extreme highs (I know diabetes sometimes has that but what I’ve read is that it’s usually consistently high? Correct me if I’m wrong). Anyone have any suggestions on what I could be dealing with or tips for dieting to help keep my levels steady? I’m also 20 years old who is very active if that helps
2 answers 2