How hot is Houston for someone who spent his whole life in cold Chicago?

I really wanted to head to Houston in the second week of May to go to a comic con with some friends. Thing is, I can get heat rash on my forehead super easy.. and I hear that Houston is particularly nasty with its heat and humidity. I looked up average heat and humidity for Houston and it doesn't seem THAT much... show more I really wanted to head to Houston in the second week of May to go to a comic con with some friends. Thing is, I can get heat rash on my forehead super easy.. and I hear that Houston is particularly nasty with its heat and humidity. I looked up average heat and humidity for Houston and it doesn't seem THAT much of a difference in May compared to the hottest month in summer for Chicago. During that time, I just head out only when I have to and keep work to a minimum. Its not a huge deal, it doesn't happen instantly, but I'm just more prone to it than others. I'd like to go and fun but not if its so hot and humid that it affects my trip.

The convention center and the hotels have air conditioning so thats no problem, but are the nights manageable?