Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsIce Skating · 9 months ago

Am I progressing slow in figure skating?

I’ve been skating for 3 years and I’m working on loop jump and scratch spin. Is that slow?

there's never anything in ice skating called "slow". I have skated for 5 years now and landed my axel on year 4, and then lost it. Now, after another year, I have regained my axel with a bunch of other double jumps. It doesn't matter if you're good or not or if you practice a lot, but you just have to be positive. When I was sad in the first few months, I didn't get a single bit higher than where I was before. But cheering yourself up will change you a lot, but I would recommend pushing yourself a bit each time. Also, the loop jump is a full revolution! Be proud of yourself!

Maybe, it depends on how often you take lessons and otherwise practice. But assuming you doin a lesson a week and practicing at lease one other day a week yes your a little bit on the slow side. But keep your chin up and keep at it.

yes it is slow, practice more and you should see yourself progress!

Working on and how well it and other things are performed are 2 separate things. There’s a skater at my rink “working on” flips and sit spins but in all reality can’t even do a 2 foot spin to save her life and practically does a face plant when she does a waltz jump.

• DIEGO.

i like winter sports!

Btw I skate 3 hours per week

As long as you are having fun, it doesn't matter.