Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsIce Skating · 9 months ago

Am I progressing slow in figure skating?

I’ve been skating for 3 years and I’m working on loop jump and scratch spin. Is that slow?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

there's never anything in ice skating called "slow". I have skated for 5 years now and landed my axel on year 4, and then lost it. Now, after another year, I have regained my axel with a bunch of other double jumps. It doesn't matter if you're good or not or if you practice a lot, but you just have to be positive. When I was sad in the first few months, I didn't get a single bit higher than where I was before. But cheering yourself up will change you a lot, but I would recommend pushing yourself a bit each time. Also, the loop jump is a full revolution! Be proud of yourself!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

Maybe, it depends on how often you take lessons and otherwise practice. But assuming you doin a lesson a week and practicing at lease one other day a week yes your a little bit on the slow side. But keep your chin up and keep at it.

• 8 months ago

yes it is slow, practice more and you should see yourself progress!

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Working on and how well it and other things are performed are 2 separate things. There’s a skater at my rink “working on” flips and sit spins but in all reality can’t even do a 2 foot spin to save her life and practically does a face plant when she does a waltz jump.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DIEGO.
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

i like winter sports!

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Btw I skate 3 hours per week

• 9 months ago

As long as you are having fun, it doesn't matter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.