Almost got into a car crash?

Today I had a close call with a car, i'm just wondering who was at fault. At a four way controlled intersection (4 way stop sign). I stopped before the stop sign for about a second, the car perpendicular to me came to a full stop a bit before me. There was a pedestrian crossing his lane, so I decided that I... show more Today I had a close call with a car, i'm just wondering who was at fault.

At a four way controlled intersection (4 way stop sign). I stopped before the stop sign for about a second, the car perpendicular to me came to a full stop a bit before me. There was a pedestrian crossing his lane, so I decided that I should cross the intersection as the car perpendicular to me had to wait for the pedestrian. I was about a quarter across the intersection when the car perpendicular decided to start moving and accelerate with no sign of stopping. I had to swerve to the left in order to not crash.

Thankfully there was no crash, but it did frighten me. Also didn't help that the car was continuously honking as it was getting closer to me.

I don't know if it was my fault or if it was his. I'm just curious and trying to learn from my mistakes, if it was my fault.
1 answer 1