Would you vote for an openly gay person, such Pete Buttigieg, for President? Why or why not?

• Cousin

Yes he's honest.

I dont care if hes gay but I do care if hes going to use the power of the presidency to force gay issues on people and supress free speech (not hate speech) against homosexuality. Or make all free speech against homosexuality into hate speech. And if he will attempt to supress or empower others to supress religious freedom with regard to homosexuality

• If you study how Mayor Pete handled the two anti-gay hecklers in his most recent campaign event, you might be impressed with the lack of hostility and the clarity of thought with which candidate Buttigieg handled the two men. Navy intelligence veteran; incredibly intelligent; multi-lingual, wow!

I would not hold their sexual orientation against them, but also would not vote for them for the express reason of them being gay. Every candidate needs to be vetted and it all has to be done the same no matter what sexual orientation, gender, or race they are.

as long as he was a constitutional Conservative

• Clive

What difference does being gay make to what a person will actually DO if elected?

• paulathome

Really you don't for one minute think that their likes and dislike would favor certain ways no wonder we live in a sick dying unstable world.

• kim

Would not. First off I'm very weary of people waving the gay flag, look at me I'm gay!

• humpty

I have no interest in a person's gender bias. What are their policies? Have they any experience? Are they honourable and truthful?

Frankly, gay people never insist I should be gay, but Christians oppress me with their demands I share their beliefs. I would vote for a gay atheist before I voted for a Christian heterosexual, if their policies were similar.

• RICK

Humpty you are very correct

• Prince

Oh HELL yes, because I am sick of LIARS.

• Mark8 months agoReport

and being gay makes someone honest? logical fail!

• Nick

It depends on where he stands on important issues. I don't look at sexual orientation when deciding a candidate.

• I would always vote for the most conservative candidate. That sure as hell isn't Pete Buttigieg.

• NiJo

In his defense, he might be one of the more conservative voices in the field of Dem candidates. If he's gay, that's fine with me. JUST NO LEFT HANDED PEOPLE! A joke to illicit thought for the readers.