Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 11 months ago

What is your Favorite Homemade Soup recipe?

PLEASE INCLUDE THE RECIPE. THANKS.

Favorite Answer

I have a few

Beef Barley is probably the most favorite.

Split pea with ham (gotta be yellow split peas though)

Ham and bean soup would be up there as well.

And Gumbo , don't know if that is considered a soup or not.

Some that my sister makes with beef broth, locally-packaged sausage that is spicy, and whatever frozen and canned vegetables we have and fire-roasted salsa. After it sat overnight, it was chunky and delicious! My parents don't like it, but I can eat it forever and ever!

New England Clam Chowder with a pinch of paprika!

• Todd

Chicken and wild rice. It's so simple. You throw a bird in the pot of water with root veggies and a couple of seasonings, boil it until it falls apart. Piece it out. Chicken goes back in with wild rice, then after the rice is done, back in goes the veggies. The recipe is versatile. You can go Asian with it, Mexican with it, etc.

• james

Remove from freezer & thaw joints of Water Buffalo. Pre cut to fit in slow cooker. Place in slow cooker with chopped onion, garlic, pepper. Other spice if desired. fill slow cooker to top. Meat on bones should equal meat size. Or add a little more meat. Slow cook 24 hours or till meat can be pulled from bones clean. Remove bones. Taste broth. Add spices if needed. Chop up meat removed from bones with meat clever. Use firm strokes. Good old water buffalo can put shoe leather to shame. But flavor it has. Dinner or Supper? Let water buffalo slow cook in broth longer. About 2 hours before meal turn slow cooker to high. Add vegetables cleaned & chopped. Fix rice. All set. A hearty soup & rice side. Broth can be used over rice. Chicken soup. Tate your dead fighting cocks you bring home. Skin & gut. Freeze in bag with little water no air if for future use. Thaw. Take clever & chop into 4 to 8 pieces. Put in slow cooker for 24 hours or longer in spiced water. Till meat pulls easy of bones. Some times 3 days cooking for good ones. Remove bones chop up meat. Same from there as water Buffalo. Fish soup. 50/50 mix. Diced or crushed skinned tomatoes good & vine ripe. Salsa chunky medium two to three dash's soy sauce. Bring to slow simmer. Taste. Add spice if needed. Hold at simmer. Add fish fillets push down into broth to cook Be gental fish break easy. Simmer fish till done. Sauce over rice with fillet on top. A side of fresh fruit.

• Jerry

Don't eat fruits and vegetables at the same meal. It leads to GI upsets for a lot of people. Eat fruits early in the day and wait at least 4 hours before eating vegetables.

chicken soup.

Mom would start with 2 packages of Knorr Vegetable soup in about 8-9 cups of cold water To that She would add a few handfuls of Egg Noodles . She would add a pound of Hamburger which She rolled into small meatballs She would cook it for a hour and serve . We had it every Sunday after Church Everybody loved it . She's gone now but I still make it .

Pill-a-pino bork jtoup. That is, Filipino pork soup.

Flour country style pork ribs and brown with onions, garlic, and jalapenos or hotter if you dare. Then remove from heat to pour enough beef broth to make it as watery as you wish. Add in carrots, celery, corn, other veg are possible. Cover fully to keep the water level right on super low, just let the flame lick one side for up to 3 hours as the connective tissue and the marrow bleed and melt. I leave the spoon in flour to keep thickening until it looks right.

The trick is to let it marry overnight. Or else it'll be a mess of jumbled crap. Once the fat gets into the veg and vice versa all around you'll be dying to die from the cholesterol.

I don't use recipes except the basic knowledge which is in my head.

I love most all soups and make them often but am particularly fond of good old fashioned chicken noodle made with my own home made soup stock. I also love any lentil and bean soups too.

Poirot and chicken broth as usual with lemon juice and butter.