Is there a way to jerry-rig the interior of an upright freezer to raise the temp of a PORTION above freezing so I dont have to buy a frig?

Update: I thought about placing plastic sheets over the lower 2 or 3 metal racks, then gradually poking holes in them to allow some, but not as much, cold air into the bottom of the unit when compared to the top. I'd monitor the temps of both areas using a frig thermometer and gradually adjust the temp knob along with... show more I thought about placing plastic sheets over the lower 2 or 3 metal racks, then gradually poking holes in them to allow some, but not as much, cold air into the bottom of the unit when compared to the top. I'd monitor the temps of both areas using a frig thermometer and gradually adjust the temp knob along with the size/number of holes in the plastic as needed until both areas were good temps.
Update 2: Then I noticed where one unit I'm thinking about buying had the temp knob, (presumably with a thermostat right behind it) at the bottom of the freezer, with the cold air coming out of the top. So I'm guessing that with such an arrangement, there's no way it could work, so it would have to be a different... show more Then I noticed where one unit I'm thinking about buying had the temp knob, (presumably with a thermostat right behind it) at the bottom of the freezer, with the cold air coming out of the top. So I'm guessing that with such an arrangement, there's no way it could work, so it would have to be a different make/model where the thermostat is at the same end (top) where the cold air comes out.
Update 3: I can't spend $1200 on two separate $600 units, (1 upright frig and 1 upright freezer), and don't have room for them anyway. I have room for a traditional frig/freezer and a chest freezer, but the reviews of the no-name chest freezers for the size I need, 7.0 cubic feet, on the web sites of Lowes and Home... show more I can't spend $1200 on two separate $600 units, (1 upright frig and 1 upright freezer), and don't have room for them anyway. I have room for a traditional frig/freezer and a chest freezer, but the reviews of the no-name chest freezers for the size I need, 7.0 cubic feet, on the web sites of Lowes and Home Depot are terrible.
Update 4: I could get a chest freezer for under $200 that has enough room, but I just don't trust the cheap models to last. So I have to figure something else out. Smaller name brand chest freezers cost as much as larger uprights. Any suggestions that don't include buying used on eBay are appreciated. Been there,... show more I could get a chest freezer for under $200 that has enough room, but I just don't trust the cheap models to last. So I have to figure something else out. Smaller name brand chest freezers cost as much as larger uprights. Any suggestions that don't include buying used on eBay are appreciated. Been there, done that, got burned. You also have to worry about how to get it delivered when you buy used appliances. Don't have a pickup truck.