Side A of cassette didn't work until I played side B first (more in details) has this happened to anyone else before?

So I stick Side A of a cassette in the tape player of my media center and it would not play it, it would go back to whatever function I had it on almost immediately after I put it in (my media center doesn't need you to change the function to use the tape player, just stick in a cassette and it will... show more So I stick Side A of a cassette in the tape player of my media center and it would not play it, it would go back to whatever function I had it on almost immediately after I put it in (my media center doesn't need you to change the function to use the tape player, just stick in a cassette and it will automatically play the cassette and when it's done it will automatically rewind and stop the tape and go back to whatever function you have it set to). I try side B and it worked as it should and when it was done I tried side A again just for fun and... it worked! Why did that happen, has anyone else experienced this, will it happen every time I play that cassette? Also I don't believe it's my media center, it played another cassette of mine just fine.