Wesley asked in EnvironmentConservation · 8 months ago

Who believes poachers should be given death penalty by legal injection for killing endangered animals?

Favorite Answer

The world's largest cause for endangered animals being poached is China.

They use things like rhino horn, tiger penis or elephant tusk in their fake medicines.

Chinese buyers can always find new poachers to work for them, so the source of funding needs to be disrupted.

Apparently the Chinese government doesn't care about the problem and their authorities only take steps to make it look as if something is being done.

What we should do, on an international level, is create a sustained trade embargo against China until this practice is stamped out.

The poachers should first be imprisoned and then re-educated on the benefits of preserving species. Perhaps help them become decent people and then assist the ex-poachers to obtain work conserving endangered animals.

• F

I'm not defending poaching, but many poachers are very poor people with no real income, who do this to feed their families. I've no qualms with the death penalty for dealers though.

Nah, that is too humane to just give poachers a needle for hunting down and killing endangered animal species.

Instead, we should do to the poachers as to what they do to the poached:

For poached tusks: The guilty should have all of their toe nails and finger nails permanently removed and or all of their teeth yanked out of their mouths.

For all other butchered body parts: The body part they take from the animals they hunt down, should be the body part removed from the poacher's body.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. As they say.

• Toruko

Japan just returned to hunting whales using harpoon cannon.

Not even POTUS is stupid enough to exterminate Japan to

save the remaining whales.

Nope. prison.

just use their guns on them

• mokrie

I prefer they are thrown to some hungry endangered species.

I don't. I'd rather see them put in a cage, unarmed, with the same species they tried to kill.