Any success stories of people with disabilities?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

There are many instances in which disabled individuals have led successful lives, if they are encouraged and given the chance to do so.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I have aspergers and am very angry I have it. I like to be bad purposely. I hire prostitutes for sex, purposely drive 80 mph on 65 mph zone and make fun of other people with aspergers. I make fun of guys who are still virgins and love to bully people with aspergers, Nothing would make my day more than shoving someone with aspergers in a locker and giving them a black eye

• 8 months ago

Yes, they are in the Bible.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Forrest Gump!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Look at steven hawking! There’s also a man who’s a lawyer but chained to an iron lung. If you look up iron lung you will find him.

• David
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Hawking never used an iron lung.

• 8 months ago

Too many to count. There are huge historical figures with disabilities, but there are also many more who lead very ordinary, but successful lives. Many people with disabilities privately struggle and you have no idea they even have them.

• 8 months ago

Goodwill has many successful people w/disabilities

• 8 months ago

ive seen people with disabilites get jobs so easily while i could never get one

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Uhhhh. Here's my success story. They said that I have a learning disability at age 6, and almost put me on Amphetamines (My family didn't want to go down that route though), because I couldn't focus properly on certain subjects (Math, Science, etc.), but I loved writing/English class, and I liked Social Studies. So, from age 6-age 17 or so (First time I tried Cannabis. Maybe that had something to do with it. lol) I thought that something was wrong with me, but then my brain sort of just clicked on at age 17, and I was suddenly doing better in school, more focused on my writing, and I came to the realization that there are certain subjects that I'm not as interested in (mostly just Math though), and certain subjects that I am interested in. The good thing about a label like "learning disability" is that it might help psychologists understand how to help struggling kids in school more, and which ways are most effective when it comes to teaching them in a classroom. That's debatable though, because it really all depends on the teacher's approach to teaching anyway, and if the teacher is willing to communicate better with the students who don't exactly fit into their societal box. The bad thing about a label like "learning disability" is that if you don't fit into their box, then they'll find another box for you to live in, but after I was finished high school, I wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with my "learning disability" label whatsoever. Why? Because, it didn't ******* matter anymore. lol. It was a temporary label that was stuck on me while people were trying to figure out how to convince me to become more interested in certain subjects while my brain was still developing.

• 8 months ago

Watch the Paralympics!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.