promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 year ago

If aliens do exist, what are the chances of the aliens being more advanced than us?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

great chance of it actually, the universe is so vast no matter the advancements of our telescope tech etc. we will never be able to see the entirety of it and (I quote from space.com here) The vast majority of stars in our Milky Way galaxy host planets, many of which may be capable of supporting life as we know it, a new study suggests. Astronomers have detected eight new exoplanet candidates circling nearby red dwarf stars, which make up at least 75 percent of the galaxy's 100 billion or so stars. Also, the age of the earth is around 4.7 billion years old or so and, furthermore it has faced mass extinction about every 100 thousand years or so. With such declared we, as an intelligent race, really have not had much time to develop evolutionary speaking. Our sun has about a 10 billion year life span (which is half over), compare that to say a red dwarf which has more like 100s of billions of years to live, and based on that stars position in its host galaxy, if it dwells in a rather quiet part away from all major hazards threatening to blow the planet to bits, it goes without saying such a situation would be more stable and favorable for advanced life to evolve and grow intellectually and seeing as how the universe is nearly 14 billion years old, if they started evolving earlier in its life they could easily have billions of years head start of outsmarting us and as I always say if aliens came to visit we best surrender in a right hurry because obviously their technology surpasses ours if they got here in the first place over the distances we can scarcely comprehend. We'd be in deep do doo.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

Aliens might take over our world but I don't think they'll be like anything in the movies.

• 1 year ago

About 50/50.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

First of all to even think that extraterrestrial life doesn't exist and Earth is the only planet that supports sentient life if beyond arrogance and stupidity. The chances life on other planets being more advanced then us are probably 50/50.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

considering the collective average IQ of of country today, I’d say huge chance ... I mean even the Canadians are smarter than us, so....

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Well said Any Mouse. After all we did vote for Trump didn't we?

• 1 year ago

Excellent chance they are more advance. We are one of the very few animals that kill each other. We destroy the planet. Just think about how short a time humans have been on this planet and what we have done to it. Yes, anything would be more advance. It is sad but it is also true

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Lots of animals kill each other. Many of not most of the primates kill each other. Some even wage war against other tribes of the same species. Chimps, for example, have been observed committing what we would call murder in the human world.

• e9601:
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

I think the chances are great.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Very slim actually.

First, there is only one creature on this whole planet that can read you question and my answer. There are over 1000 species of mammals on the planet, but only one can correct my spelling mistakes.

And in the whole solar system there is only one plant with a spinning iron core needed to make a magnetic field to deflect harmful solar winds.

So, there may be lot of life out there, in the form of moss an lichen, but probably nothing more advanced than a dog.

• 1 year ago

There are surly many planets with life. Most will be bacteria. A few will have simple animals. And a very few will have intelligent advanced life.

If we discover a planet with life, its very probable they are single cell amoebas.

If aliens come the earth, they would have to be far more advanced than us to get here.

• Chris Ancor
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

I don't like those surly planets.

• 1 year ago

The chances are even, given the Parameters

Attachment image
    Source(s): The Fermi Paradox
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.