Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCamcorders · 7 months ago

HELP! how do i convert my home videos into something modern?

my home videos are on cassettes not VHS tapes. Does anyone know how to convert them into something modern like cd's (also I need an opinion on whats better to convert the tapes into; cd's, sd card, my phone, etc so that I can continue watching them in the future).

Pray to the Buddha! Pray to the Buddha and the Buddha will give you answers and material possessions!

Source(s): Amen.

Idk where can i find bendy and the ink machine sex movies?

What sort of cassettes? Some are analog, which means you need to convert them to digital, others are already digital. If they're analog you need to decide how much to spend on the conversion - a good converter will include time base correction, but that's expensive and not worth it if the original footage is low quality. CDs and SD cards are not good choices as they'll degrade over time. Your phone's even worse - what are the chances of you losing it, damaging it, having it stolen etc.? I back up my video and stills to removable HDs, but I don't check them as often as I should!

You would want to convert them directly to the computer as a digital medium. You will have to buy a converter to allow av signals to your computer and record using software on the computer while playing the video cassette tape.

Make sure to adjust tracking knowingly that vhs tapes requires tracking for the best quality of the video.

You would want to look at formats like mp4 and a more lossless format mpg

If the cassettes are not VHS, then they are probably Betamax, V2000, or Grundig.

You’ll need a working player to match the cassette system. V2000 and Grundig will be almost impossible to find in working order as they died out long before the VHS/Betamax war ended.

The output at the RF socket will be either composite VHF or UHF in one of a number of different TV broadcast standards, such as NTSC, PAL, SECAM, plus a few sub-variants of those and some other systems. Either way you’ll need something to digitise the analogue sound and picture. Although it will give a major loss of quality (on a source which was already low quality) that could just be by using a digital camera recording a TV screen. But the camera will need a TV screen mode to stop it recording black scanning lines

For best results take the tapes and player to a digital conversion specialist. The digital files can then be supplied on a DVD or BluRay disc (or even CD for small files) and are best backed up to Cloud storage

• L

If you have a player to play back the tapes and a computer with available hard drive space - and you are willing to take the time - then invest in an "analog/digital converter. The playback device's AV-out plugs into the A/D converter's AV-in, the A/D converter's USB port plus into the computer. Import the video per the instructions. Save to whatever media you want - external hard drive, flash memory, etc.

I use an A/D converter from Elgato. Blackmagic Design's Shuttle line has good converter's available, too.

If you don't have a player to play back the tapes and your computer does not have much available hard drive space - and you are not willing to take the time to learn to do this, then hire someone else to do the importing, editing and rendering. CVS and Costco contract with companies that do this sort of conversion - this is not an inexpensive project... There are local resources in many medium or larger towns/cities that have small business that can do this conversion, too.

Usually there are places that can professionally convert them, if you buy an dvd/blu ray recorder then you might be able to convert them yourself if you still have the compatible camcorders to play the tapes, then save the video files on SD cards from a computer.

There are some online photography shops who convert casettes to digital media.