Why have morals been disregarded in this world nowadays?

Once upon a time people had honor and decency. It was shameful for a couple to have sex without being married. Also it was illegal to use profanity words but nowadays even that is acceptable.We hear profanity in movies, TV shows, music and almost everywhere, even in the supermarkets. I step outside the house to go to the store and people be using vulgar language and even to their kids. Also we live in a world where there is so much promiscuity going on everywhere that we have single parent households, teen pregnancy and there is even a increase in STD rates. People don't remain virgins until marriage anymore. Women are dressing provocative more than ever before. Kids disrespect their parents and their other elders. The polices are not being respected anymore because people want to be above the law. There is sex education being taught in school and teaching students that it's ok to be promiscuous as long as they use protection which is crazy. They should be teaching kids abstinence instead. Now homosexuality and transgenderism is allowed when that is against nature. Marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman only. What has happened to our morals and values? It's like in this era, almost everything goes. Why has this world come to this? Also there was a time you can leave the door from your house open and never had to worry about any criminal activity happening, now we can't even do that anymore do to crime and violence taking place more than ever.

Also people are more disrespectful towards other people.

@Kittycat Finally a rational answer!

Favorite Answer

Because now we are in wicked times where there is so much immorality everywhere and people don't believe in morals or honor anymore. It was prophesied on 2 Timothy 3:1- 13 that in the last days people were going to be lovers of immorality. I'm going to leave the bible verse below so you will know why all these things are taking place.

2 Timothy 3:1-13

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

• NiJo

If you still consider premarital sex a sin, you have not adapted.

• Adapt to what? Immorality and pervertion? Not happening ever.

• Mark

Môrâls are all relative to who you ar

as a person & the cultur you grew up

in which is why things seems to chângė.

• rick

Who's morals?? I think it's immoral to marry, without establishing that you are sexually compatible. LONG TERM. I think it's immoral to allow a child to be borne in an unwanted environment. I think censorship of ANY kind is immoral, as it's the tool of despots and dictators. I think it's immoral to withhold sex, when it could bring so much happiness and peace to so many. I think marriage is an anachronistic ceremony, left over from the middle ages. It celebrates a man taking a woman as property for breeding purposes. It's at least as immoral as slavery. Who's morals?? Mine are as viable as yours!!!!

• ' I think it's immoral to marry, without establishing that you are sexually compatible'? If that's how you really thing, your mentality is obviously backwards.

I think you are believing in a dream world that never existed. But just worry about yourself and not if other people are having sex or not.

It used to be considered wrong to let your slaves back-talk you without brutal punishment.

Morals dont degrade.

Our values change. And it seems not openly condemning each other for living their private lives where they don't hurt anybody is FAR MORE honorable and decent.

• NiJo

You aint lyin' M'aiq.