Is it cruel to prove to Christians there is no god and their religion is made up?

Favorite Answer

You can try, but most of them run away with their fingers in their ears going "IS NOT! IS NOT!" if not literally, they will do this figuratively.

Just look at the answers you are getting.

Edit:

Meanwhile I have yet to receive any logical refutation of the following:

Christians claim that God is all powerful, all knowing, loving and the creator of the universe.

An all knowing deity would know of a universe where all his aims for the people of the universe would be achieved without any suffering.

An all powerful deity would be able to create such a universe.

A loving deity would want to create such a universe where there is no suffering of his creations.

But in our universe there is suffering, not only of adults, who you might argue have free will to "choose" to suffer, but also of children and babies that do not have the ability to make that choice. In fact we see small children and babies suffering due to "acts of God".

Hence our universe can not have been created by an all powerful, all knowing, loving deity.

Hence God can not exist.

Please feel free to point out the flaw in my logic.

It is possible that some deity that is not loving, or not all knowing, or not all powerful could have created the universe - but I see no good reason to think this is true. But the Christian deity - God - can not be the creator of a universe where innocents suffer.

• Simon T

Norman - as for the first cell - what relevance does that have? You don't know what I have eaten in my lifetime. That does not mean I did not eat something. the fact that I am here is credible evidence that I ate something. Or does your lack of knowledge of my diet mean that I was just created?

Now according to recognized authorities (self proclaimed atheist popes) such proof is impossible.

I am at a loss how you can do what so many other atheists claim is impossible.

I've been around now some 58 years. I was an atheist about 20 years out of my life. And all that time and still to this very day I've never seen one single certified laboratory report proving anything that an atheist says. It's all hot air. And the lifestyle leads to drugs alcohol legal problems and sexual disease. They have nothing to offer me. They can't put any money in my pocket they can't make my life longer they can't make my life happier. So really why should I follow the belief. If or if not God exist is not a point to me! following the program of Christianity has improved my entire life buy a great deal. I don't care if you handed me 15 billion dollars you couldn't convince me to go back to the atheistic lifestyle.

• brmxld

It is if that's their only source of comfort when times are tough. Isn't this world dismal enough as it is? Why do you need everyone to be a carbon copy of yourself? It is the differences between people that make them interesting. What goal would you be attaining to take away someone's source of hope? I'm not of the camp that makes statements regarding your final destination so you have no good reason to despise what helps me get through my hardships. Nobody is beating down my door to offer me respite when I've had it up to here with my autistic kids so what good does your assertion do for my circumstance? Nothing? Wow that just fills my world with rainbows and blasted sunshine.

• God

Christians will believe in their superstitious garbage no matter what.

NO. They will challenge us but they will NEVER prevail.

• Norman

It can't be done. John Clayton was raised by atheist parents. He has a Ph. D. and now he is a Christian. You might learn something from his book, The Source.

YOU CAN'T PROVE IT MOVE ON LITTLE ONE

Actually it's the other way around. To not believe there's no God or to not believe in his Son JesusChrist, is a cruel thing for your soul and for your salvation. You don't lose anything in finding God, in fact you gain everything for your soul. God bless you.

You can't prove or disprove anything that is based solely on Faith. if you need proof, you have no Faith.

• Simon T

If you have faith that an egg will not break if dropped 100ft down a cliff - then I can prove you wrong every day of the week. Similarly, if you look at my post, I can disprove the exitance of the Christian God.