Why are people who win the lottery advised to not make any major purchases for at least 1 year after they win big time?

I want to know all the reasons why people who win the lottery are advised to not make any major purchases for at least 1 year after they win big time. BQ: What are all of the tips and tricks to increase a person's chances of winning on scratch off tickets more often? Please give me details with a source or 2... show more I want to know all the reasons why people who win the lottery are advised to not make any major purchases for at least 1 year after they win big time.

BQ: What are all of the tips and tricks to increase a person's chances of winning on scratch off tickets more often?

Please give me details with a source or 2 with your answers, if any of you can! That would be very greatly appreciated. A source or 2 with each and every answer isn't exactly needed, but it's so preferred.