David
Lv 7
David asked in SportsBaseball · 8 months ago

Should the Orioles Send Chris Davis To the Minors to Work on His Swing Mechanics?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Baltimore manager Brandon Hyde has said that he'll try to place Davis in "advantageous matchups" so that can only mean that he'll be sent down. The problem is that Davis has been in the majors long enough that he can refuse the assignment, meaning that Baltimore's only option will be to DFA him.

When that happens and no one else picks him up, the O's will be on the hook for the $90M or so left on his contract. Still, Davis' numbers have declined every year since he signed his contract in 2016 so dumping him could be addition by subtraction and improve the club immensely.

Davis is a waste of a roster spot at this point.

• David
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

i.e., they don't have a choice. They have to grin and bear it. wonderful games they play with the games.

• 8 months ago

They can't without designating him for assignment. He doesn't have any options.

• 8 months ago

Practice more to be better.

• 8 months ago

He should learn to hit a bull's azz with a bass fiddle before he returns to the bigs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Yes they should he broke the record and is extending the streak of not having a hit for a non pitcher.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

They should at least consider it, if they could but it might be that if he has enough service time that he may be able to either refuse or that they might have to make him a free agent .

• 8 months ago

No, they should send him home so that he can begin his life's work.

• 8 months ago

I think Chris Davis will become free agent after refusing a minor league assignment.

• 8 months ago

They can't without his consent.

• Benny
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

I forget the rules, but he may have enough service time to refuse a minor-league assignment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.