john asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 8 months ago

I have a 2015 f150 3.5l I’m looking to get a skar rp1500 what upgrades would I need to do i.e. wire another battery wire gauge big three etc?

3 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    A lot of newer vehicles around 2015 to 2019 have large alternators. Usually around 200A to 240A.

    Your F-150 pickup is powerful enough for a 3,000 to 3,500 watt system. But you also gotta remember that the alternator is also powering other things in your truck. I would keep it under 3,000 watts. For the 2015 F-150, I'd recommend you install a 1,500 to 2,500 watt system. It will be powerfully loud enough, but not powerful enough to win in an SPL competition.

    Yes, I'd recommend you do the big 3 upgrade.

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    If your truck has the built-in 110v power converter, i'd want to have the 350 amp HO alternator. If it doesn't, then 300 amps. at night, with a lot of stuff running lights / heater / blower/ etc, anything under 250 amps won't cut it with the subs cranking and pulling up to 100 amps on their own. Dual batteries not required unless significant time is spent playing music with the engine off. Any time you're over 1000w rms the big 3 is a good idea.

  • don r
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    If you have the Ford 225 amp alternator you might be set. go on with the big 3 for insurance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.