Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 8 months ago

I’m 18 and my boyfriend is 26 and I just got a positive pregnancy test. I don’t know if I should keep the baby.?

I’m supposed to start college in August and he’s in trade school right now and we both work. We don’t have time for a baby. And our relationship is already not the best because he’s friends with a girl I know is love with him (she told him and me) and we argue about this all the time. There’s clearly trust issues and I’m more afraid that we will resent each other if I have this baby. He hasn’t really reacted to anything when we found out. He just continued to play his game and when I asked him what we were going to do he told me not to worry about it but I wanted a plane and he told me we don’t need one yet but clearly if we are going to have a baby we can’t live with my parents and we both can’t go to school and work if there’s a newborn. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if he would even be willing to step up and help me

17 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Abortion or adoption should really be the only options you look at now. You are young, the reltionship is not solid, so you can't count on him. I have no idea what support structure you have at home, but education is the key to your future, very difficult with a child.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

OPEN your mouth and TELL HIM!

• ron h
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I think you need an abortion tomorrow. And find a new man

• 8 months ago

It is better to abort.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

This is where you have an abortion. Why would you want to be connected to this guy through a child? Just chalk it up to a lesson learned, get better birth control and move on.

• 8 months ago

Once you give birth, if you decide at that point that you are not prepared to parent, it won't be too late at all to place your child for adoption.

My original mom felt unprepared to parent and made that decision for me - I got to live my one, irreplaceable life, my parents got the daughter they had waited eight years to love, and my mom got to go on with her life and her plans - win-win-win.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Oh such high school drama

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Adoption is perfectly good choice considering what you have told us.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Well you can make new plans and it may be hard but it is not impossible to take care if a kid in your situation or you can find a organization to help place the kid into foster care. I do not remember exactly the names of them but I know they can help with a lot of things.

• Faith
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You should be speaking to your boyfriend, not strangers. If you both didn't have time for a baby you two shouldn't have been having sex and playing house. When you do things out of order bad things are expected to happen. Talk to him and look at the options for adoption. I think of at least 3 couples I know right now who would be overjoyed to have a new baby. There are many out there who are ready for one.

• ron h
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

pregnancy is not a punishment for having sex.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.