Experiment with HRT?

I'm a 20 year old male, wondering if I can do a temporary Hormone Replacement run without permanent changes. I really want to experience the quicker effects (the smooth skin, the budding breasts, the lack of body hair) for like four to five months. Is it possible?

• Emma
    Favorite Answer

Not medical advice............

"wondering if I can do a temporary Hormone Replacement run without permanent changes."

"like four to five months. Is it possible?"

Yes.......

But at some point certain changes will start to become permanent, discontinuation will usually reduce many of those changes. Your experience real or perceived will be with you, so that is permanent from day one. Changes come slowly just as in puberty, but your 20 so things will happen faster for you than someone older. There is a period of time to know if hrt is right for you, you will probably be excited during this time of change, that is not a good time to make such decisions, you should already have a therapist that can be a neutral party to help walk you through this period of time and decisions.

I wouldn't advise hrt, till your as sure as you can be without actually starting hrt, that's a catch 22.

• Candy

no, changes from hrt within even the first 2 weeks are permanent

Sure. That would be an excellent test to see if you are trans. After a couple of months, you will either love it or hate it. On the other hand, not all those side effects will occur, facial hair loss certainly will not, and once you stop, your body will return to its current state. Finally, you will have a tough time finding a perscriber for that purpose.

A few months, or even a year on HRT will not permanently change your body. The breast tissue (fat) will go back to whence it came.

Shut up you fool.

It should not be something to experiment with and take lightly. The hormones can cause permanent changes whether you like it or not. Why would you want to be a male who grows breasts, you'd probably want them surgically removed once you get tired of them.

"the smooth skin, the budding breasts, the lack of body hair"

i've been an authentic female for over 20 years and I want to experience these things too. i swear to god my brother grew breasts bigger than me.

• Katydid8 months agoReport

im fine with it. my point was that not all women are models with silky skin and big breasts. im told that flat breasts function just as well as larger ones when it comes to feeding children. i may not have the boom boom but i have better balance and can get away with no bras.

Someone asked a very similar question earlier.

My response was:

Estrogen causes many physical and mental changes and you cannot pick and choose the effects you get from estrogen, you get them all to some degree. If you do not want certain things the best course of action is probably to avoid estrogen altogether. Besides breast development, estrogen also shrinks the penis and testicles over time. In addition it can male erections difficult or impossible as well as destroying your male-type sex drive. These are all welcome changes for transsexual women. So again, if you have a problem with any of this do not take estrogen. And we haven't even discussed other possible side effects like blood clots, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism (which can kill you).

For softer skin I would recommend sticking to moisturizers.

The only people who should take estrogen are perimenopausal women or trans women.

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)
    • Lv 7

And a tiny number of men for advanced prostate cancer.

Uh no. And why would you want that if you aren't trans?

Your a druggie get a job dumbass