Constipation is often due to dietary problems. Try this:-
- eat foods which are rich in fiber such as fresh fruits and vegetables, brown rice and pasta, wholemeal bread and oats, such as in porridge.
- ensure you keep your fluid levels topped up, as dehydration is known to cause constipation. You can check your hydration levels by looking at the color of your urine. As a rule of thumb, your urine should be the same kind of color as cloudy lemonade. If it's clear, you're over-hydrated. If it's the color of apple juice, you're dehydrated.
- keep physically active. Too little exercise is known to cause and worsen constipation. Try yoga in particular, as this is known to help stimulate a bowel movement, especially the shoulder stand and wind relieving poses.
- avoid eating too much foods which are known to cause and worsen constipation, such as hard boiled eggs, sugary foods, white bread, white rice and cheese.
- try consuming some foods which are known to have a laxative effect, like rhubarb and prunes.
- as a last resort, try using an over the counter stool softener or laxatives.
- if nothing works, consult a doctor.
Hope this helps.