Should I move to the USA for a bit to save money?

I'm currently studying at university to go into pathology. My family is by no means wealthy and I don't have much money saved for when I leave uni. I've noticed that rent in most of the US is cheaper than that here in the UK. I've also noticed that the pay for a pathologist (alike most other... show more I'm currently studying at university to go into pathology. My family is by no means wealthy and I don't have much money saved for when I leave uni.

I've noticed that rent in most of the US is cheaper than that here in the UK. I've also noticed that the pay for a pathologist (alike most other specialised jobs) in the US is much higher (over two times) than in the UK.

I don't have much of a social life and would like to travel anyway, would it be an idea to move to the US for a few years to save the extra money in wages for a mortgage in the UK?