Why was my glucose 102 which is high but my A1C was 5.1?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

An A1C below 7 is normal according to my Doctor. Not High. The A1C tell you the average of the reading over the last 3 months. As for the daily reading the only thing that tells you is what your blood sugar reading is at the time of the test but below 130 would be normal but not below around 80 or so. 50 will make you appear drunk?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

102 is not high

• 9 months ago

Bitter tea, fish oil, cucumber. Insya Allah help. Allahu akbar ! Viva Indonesia !

• 9 months ago

102 is normal blood sugar.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

192 mg/decaliter IS NOT HIGH. That is a NORMAL blood sugar level. You are NOT diabetic or prediabetic.

Willfully ignorant people should NOT advertise their ignorance and stupidity online.

Source(s): Type 1 diabetic for 64 YEARS and counting.
  • 10 months ago

As far as I'm aware, the finger testing method can show a high figure, or not, depending on when in the day you test (relative to meals and food eaten). The HbA1c on the other hand, is the result seen in bloods taken at much longer intervals (probably 6 monthly depending on whan your team want to check you) and will be the average of how your blood sugars are over that period, including the highs and lows. So an average result and for me, more relevant. I'd settle for 5.1 FOR SURE.

• 10 months ago

102 is very good and the A1C lets the doctor know what your diet has been like for past 3 months

• 10 months ago

GOOD for you !! You have come down 2 points since a few days ago ... but the stress of worrying about this will shorten your life. STRESS kills !!

• 10 months ago

Docter

• Snid
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

These are questions to ask your doctor. Only he or she knows your health history.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.