Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 8 months ago

Does the queen still have a neck? In all photos I see these days she looks as if she hasn't but I am wondering if she has osteoporosis?

Update:

She's a very small lady anyway but she now looks miniscule and her head seems to be buried inside the collars of her coats. She is now more hunched than her mother used to be. I hope she is not in pain with whatever is causing this.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I'm amazed that she gets around without a mobility device at her age. After 70, you lose height, usually 2 inches or so, and she was only 5'4" to begin with, so she does look small. She probably has osteoporosis to a degree, since she's got what's called a "dowager's hump."

• Clo
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes, she still has a neck. Very elderly people do lose bone density, but this is not necessarily osteoporosis.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

At her age it would be strange if she didn't have some kind of bone density loss (although I'm sure she's getting the best treatment for it).

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes she does. It's what she hangs some of her jewelry round.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

It would be surprising if, given her age, she doesn't have some physical problem or two. I doubt it's osteoporosis but she may have some arthritis. Most people do as they age.

• 8 months ago

I don't think it can be osteoporosis, after all she still goes horse riding!

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Where would her head be if it wasn't on her neck.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Do you have a brain. Work it out for yourself, if she didn't have a neck how would her head stay on troll.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The elderly Queen has a slight dowager’s hump and flat feet which create the stature that you describe. The hairdresser of the bed chamber seems to be teasing and shellacking Her Majesty’s silver hair a bit higher these days to help counteract what you describe.

• I've been keeping her real busy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.