Why do people say the 1966 Mustang Fast back was the best Mustang ever made?

everyone keeps saying that, but I look at it, it did not have a backup camera, or did it have a turbo charged engine, so how can it be the best ever made to date?

Favorite Answer

WIsh I had bought a couple '68s . . . IMHO the best year. I had's 65s & 66s - bought used when they were cheap - great cars, fun to drive, versitile. Had a '79 & '85 - fantastic, reliable, nimble . . but they were my daily transportation and driven until they were used-up.

So . . . bought a new '07 GT ---- sort of a dream-car thing, loaded with all the options. What a toad . . . Oh, it was OK for transportation, but just a big, heavy, unpleasant thing that was no-where near as fun-to-drive. Guess you'd like it if you never drove one of the old ones.......but like driving an automated bread truck.

A turbo doesnt necessarily make it better idk about you but id rather an na v8 than a turbo 4 popper.

• Lv 5

Naturally Aspirated. Beats artificial Hp.

Those would be people who owned one, or their dad did. It is what they remember. Me, I preferred the 1967 Valiant Barracuda with the domed rear window, which looked cool. Early V8 273 cu.in. solid lifters. metal flake blue and 4 speed Muncie standard transmission and posi-track rear end. But the year was 1970 when my neighbor snagged that machine.

I still like it...over Mustang.

• zipper

Boy do you have bad info!

• Anon

Got numbers, statistics? I know it is wrong but without hard proof, I can't say this.

So, somebody knows better than what "people say". Just about every car made today is better than those made in 1966. You also need to consider what each person means when they say "better". Perhaps they also like mono AM radios with one speaker and valves that can't tolerate unleaded fuel and fidgety carburetors.

Why does it mater what they say.

You sound like Trump - "people say" - where are these people?

You'd have to drive a 60's era muscle car to appreciate them. There's nothing like hearing an 850 Holley sucking air!

• Tony

It's an opinion. And opinions are like **** holes. Everybody has one and sometimes they stink.

• Carson

1966...back up camera lol

It's called using rearview mirrors and turning your head.