promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it possible to directly work there in Europe or I have to earn some accounting program specifically taught for european countries?

I am a 19 year old student currently pursuing accounting degree in Canada and will do CPA program further. I am an international student here in Canada and really wish to work somewhere in Europe after becoming a CPA

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

CPA is useless in Europe. No shortage of accountants, no needs for foreign workers, and no visas. Forget it.

Besides, you don't know tax laws & tax accounting for any European country, etc. But don't bother, because there are plenty of highly qualified accountants in Europe looking for work.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

Why?

A CPA means "certified public accountant."

A certificate which would be useless outside of Canada.

You can still use your accounting degree, but that CPA license would be useless. Didn't they explain the point of such things on day one?

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You may not be able to work directly as a CPA in other countries because, like law or medicine, nations are very protective and guarded about allowing professionals to come in and take jobs away from their own people. You could work in the accounting field, but not on the highest professional level, unless you know someone.

• 1 year ago

You'll have to meet the qualifications required by whatever place in Europe you work. Since we don't know what place that is, we can't look it up for you. Most places have their own requirements and don't accept qualifications from other places without further training or an examination. Someone I know qualified as a bookkeeper in Ontario but had to take some extra training when she moved to BC. If it's like that within Canada for a bookkeeper, it's going to be like that for an accountant going to another country. Different countries have different accounting practices and tax structures. You'll also need to be fluent in the language of the country you work in.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

you can work here if your workskills are in short supply. Are you a cook, nurse or construction-worker? Do you speak a language?

what's a CPA anyway?

Source(s): dutch/NL
    • samaira1 year agoReport

Thanks for your reply and by CPA I mean Chartered Professional Accountant. It's a designation given to qualified accountants

• 1 year ago

So you're a university student too stupid to do some basic research into the transportability of your area of study? If you're scared of contacting Accountancy Europe maybe you could get your mommy to do it for you.

• samaira1 year agoReport

If you don't have a good answer then don't reply at all or if you are just passing time by randomly bullshitting here you better sit in your mother's lap and as her to teach you etiquettes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.