Is Mazda a good brand of car?

I currently have a 2015 Chevy Cruze that is crapping out on me and I am looking at new cars. I was thinking either the Mazda3, Mazda6, or Mazda CX-3. Are they reliable and are they good cars overall? The Chevy isn't even lasting me 4 years yet so I want something that can last me a good while.

Update:

My chevy cruze was maintained properly with oil changes, tire rotations, new tires, and inspections. My engine has over heated twice, my seat belt buckle broke, the radio had to be replaced twice, the gears that hold the window up broke so when i went to roll down my window it stayed down. My AC has also now gone out. I've had to put a lot of money into the car for these issues that i shouldn't have to do with a car that i bought brand new.

Update 2:

I ended up signing on a 2018 Mazda3 Hatchback Grand Touring and I love it!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Best Answer

I bought my new 323 in '91 because CR said highest consumer satisfaction, My Honda ate a valve, I did not like Volkswagen. Hyundai and Kia just came out. Mazdas had Non-Interference engines. After 125K, still got 38 MPG. Motor made Some noises. If I hadn't crashed it, probably still be driving it. I am also impressed that Mazda is only one who got the rotary engine viable.

EDIT: Less reliable? Maintenance costs more? BS. Mazdas have non-interference engines with hydraulic lifters. All I ever needed in 125 K was 2 timing belts (cheap, easy) , an air cleaner, oil changes,a set of plugs, 2 new CV joints. And, new tires every 50K or so ( 155SR 13, Cheapest you can Get.)

• 6 months ago

Any vehicle will last so as long as you keep up with the maintenance and dont dog it out.

• 8 months ago

I am quite impressed by Mazda design.

• 8 months ago

Hah, I've got a 2017 lancer that the tranny is falling apart after 2 years, i feel your pain. I recommend subaru, never had a problem with a 15 legacy except a wheel bearing. The new kias and hyundais are pretty good as well, just fwd. Just make sure to get a car with a cvt, it will last a lifetime *Heavy Sarcasm.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

My advice is to check Consumers Reports Buyers Guide and see how they rate that model and year.

All I know is that rotary engine models are temperamental.

My Miata's will soon be thirty years old are still running great. The Ford Focus which that year share a lot Mazda parts is running strong at 250,000 miles.

So my intuition is the Mazda will be a recommended car.

• David
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Mazda has a good reputation for reliability but not quite as good as Honda and Toyota. However, Mazda does have a much better rep for making "drivers cars". Honda not quite as much and nobody ever accused Toyota of making fun cars.

• 8 months ago

Mazda makes a good car, and they are designed to be more driver oriented, meaning they are better performing cars than most of their competitors. As great as they are, however, they tend to cost more to service and repair than a Honda or Toyota.

• 8 months ago

Subscribe to Consumer Reports or buy their car report. Mazda is good, and Toyota and

Hyundai and Honda

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

All the Asian brands have an established reputation for reliability and economy. Honda tend to excel but the rest, including Mazda, are close behind.

• 8 months ago

Mazda is certainly better than Chevrolet, but not as good a Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Hyundai, or Kia.

Source(s): Consumer Reports, April 2019
  • Carson
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Mazda has a good reputation.

Hyundai too, but little resale value. Mine has 100k gets 40mpg and has never needed anything , but routine maintenance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.