Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 8 months ago

What self defense items are best for a female?

I’m beginning to think that I need self defense items. I’m thinking of handcuffs or pepper spray.

Update:

I’m feeling less safe and getting harassed and notice that I have no way of defending myself and I carry no self defense items or weapons.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Lol you're probably not going to have to defend yourself. However it wouldn't be a bad idea to learn mma. Go to an mma gym. Practice hard too. I used to go to a gym amd used to dominate the girls in combat, everyone really. So learn a lot about fighting study everything. Shadow box, mentally see yourself fighting people. I never lost i beat black belts as a yellow belt lol. So you can get good in a short time. Practicing something else helps too. I sword fought and got good at that too so practice on. Sword fighting is just a suggestion. Spar with guys and get better than them.

• F
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Kick to the crown jewels I would say, as a male.

• 8 months ago

Overwhelm the opponent with supreme levels of irony.

• 8 months ago

tazer, pepperspray, pocket book, phone to call the police really anything they have on them even themselves if they take a self defense class

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

self defence weapons are useless, when a dude grabs you from behind, and you can't reach your self defense weapons. The best form of self defense is Learning how to fight back, even fight dirty if you have to.

Go for the eyes.....a sharp fingernail works just fine. A swift kick to the nuts, will bring Chuck Norris down if you're on the money.

In survival situations......you forget the Queensbury rules, and you get as nasty and dirty as you can get...and don't be afraid to hurt them. It's you or them........make sure it's them.

• Sandra K
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

Sumo wrestlers can endure kicks to their groins.

• 8 months ago

I would check your local laws first. In my area for example pepper spray, batons and such are illegal. We can't even own tazers.

• 8 months ago

Whatever you use, you should get some training in how to use it.

Myself, I carry a cane. This doesn't look like a weapon, and isn't considered a weapon, but it is a stick. And a stick is indeed a weapon. I do have training on how to use a stick. At least practice using it on a target, and keep in mind how to keep a good hold on it. For striking, a two-handed hold is much stronger, so practice getting both hands on the stick instantly.

A stick can be very fast; faster than drawing a gun, in many cases. Hit low with it - the side of the knee is most effective. Don't do this unless you want to injure the person! Or if the other person is holding a weapon, strike upward to knock it out of the hand or at least ruin his aim. Unless you are very good at fighting with a stick, don't raise it to strike downward; the bad guy might grab it.

A Taser is also a good idea, though I haven't tried it.

I'm skeptical of pepper spray because of the possible wind factor, but a lot of people like it. Again, get some training on how to use it.

What would you do with handcuffs? That's not really a weapon, it's a restraint device, and you would have to subdue your opponent first.

• 8 months ago

Pocket, knife, mace/pepper spray, keys, small laser to blind eyes, something that makes really loud sound?

• 8 months ago

It's often best not to have any. "Defense" makes you more likely to die. Most criminals just want to steal and leave, and that is what they will do, if they can. But if someone tries to defend, then the criminals have to kill to defend themselves, even though the would rather not.

• Sandra K
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

So you want us to be helpless victims of any punk around.

• We can use the handcuffs. No..

Uh taser

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.