I joined a neighborhood help website that disallows anonymity, after one of my posts I was personally attacked, should I stop posting?

I dislike websites that require your real name because there is no protection against personal attacks and posters can research where you live. I gave some helpful advice regarding a possible solution to a neighborhood issue and I was personally attacked, told to get a life, etc. I haven't posted since. I... show more I dislike websites that require your real name because there is no protection against personal attacks and posters can research where you live. I gave some helpful advice regarding a possible solution to a neighborhood issue and I was personally attacked, told to get a life, etc. I haven't posted since. I should have known better than to sign up to a site that prohibits anonymity, they don't work.