How to get graphite out of carpet?

So I got graphite powder on my carpet like an idiot and now it won t come out! I ve tried hairspray, which kind of helped. Tilex, which helped but also bleached it a little which isn t good, and even glade carpet powder which just made a huge mess! My parents are going to kill me if they find out, which is really not ideal! I have no idea what to do. I know I did something stupid, so don t bother saying it. I just want to clean the stain so my parents don t get mad.

I hope I didn't set the stain, though I probably did.

Favorite Answer

You've already made it more difficult by adding hairspray and carpet powder, but here's what the experts say for graphite: (Maybe next time do the research BEFORE you start experimenting on your own?)

Spray lightly with water, do not blot this time; apply pad of paper towels and brick and allow to dry. If there is still some stain on the carpet and blotting is not removing it, then moisten the tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Let stand for on (1) hour. Blot and repeat until carpet is stain free.

Graphite; Stain Solutions | U of I Extension

https://extension.illinois.edu/stain/staindetail.c...

• parsnipianna

You can get the peroxide at any drugstore or Walmart.

A professional carpet cleaner should have been your first choice.

Bleach wont effect graphite powder, the best way to remove it is probably with a wet carpet cleaner