Do these two types of registered sex offenders have to deal with the same restrictions/punishments when released back on the streets?

I personally think those who became registered sex offenders because they were caught streaking, urinating in public, or fondled an adult deserves a lot more leniency than those who rape & molest children

Favorite Answer

From what I understand yes they do. I could be wrong. But, I have a friend whose brother is a registered sex offender. When he was 18 he was dating a girl who was almost 16. They had known each other for many years and at the time dating for about a year or so. They had sex just a few months before her 16th birthday. She got pregnant and of course, they were found out. She was underage according to the law and he was charged with rape. He spent a short time in jail and then once released he became a registered sex offender. He and the girl didn't remain together even though at the time the baby was made they said they would marry and live happily ever after. He is in his daughter's life and pays child support and then some. He's a great father and married with more children. Sadly though he struggles. He's now in his mid-30s and can't hold down a job, can't pick up his kids at school and gets run out of neighborhoods all because he is on the sex offender list. He would never harm a child, he won't even fight back when people call him names. He is not a violent person at all. Unfortunately many on the sex offender list have the same story.

Don't get me wrong I fully support the sex offender list, I was abused as a child and I want the men who hurt me to suffer forever. I also don't want them to harm others. People need to know they are monsters.

• martin

Rape and pedophilia now are major crimes and treated differently by criminal courts.