How can i get over the phobia of plugging my external hard drive in?

i need to do some backing up of many more media files which ive downloaded in recent weeks, i usually back up the media by copying and pasting my music and picture files from my windows 7 desktop pc to my samsung external drive. but just recently ive developed a strange phobia, that what if i plug my external... show more i need to do some backing up of many more media files which ive downloaded in recent weeks, i usually back up the media by copying and pasting my music and picture files from my windows 7 desktop pc to my samsung external drive.

but just recently ive developed a strange phobia, that what if i plug my external drive in my pc as normal and the drive fails on me or there is a critical error with the drive?

this daft phobia is preventing me from doing some crucial backing up, how can i get over it soon?