My wife doesn’t want me touch her anymore.?

This is my second marriage. The first was worse. But when I met my second wife I thought she was a gift from heaven. We were both laid back folks wh lived reading and books. We’ve traveled to Europe and across the country together. She had a very good job and I am retired. But lately she has become cold. It was my birthday a few days ago. I wanted to hug her but she pushed away. She said she at point in her life where that means nothing to her. That hurt. I’m affectionate to the ones I love. She knows this bothered me but instead of confronting the issue she’ll change the subject. And when I tell her I didn’t appreciate her behavior she just stares at me as if she’s afraid to speak. But she’s quick to point out my flaws. I love her but I’m starting to dislike her. I’ve been through marital sh*t before and I ain’t going back! As long as I am with her I’ve promised myself I will always call out her bullshit. I’m thinking I need some time away alone to clear my head. Advice

Sorry long note😔

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

There's nothing you can do to change her mind. It's time to face the fact she doesn't love you and it's time to divorce her and move on with your life. You did all you could to hold the marriage together. Your wife didn't do all she could to hold the marriage together. You've been through this before in your first marriage, and it's familiar to you. You have already learned you can't change another person, you can only change by and for yourself. You took the chance on having a long marriage, and this is the second time you made the wrong decision and married a woman who you thought would love, respect, trust, and be with you for the rest of your life. One never knows if a marriage will be forever, but one must take the chance it will be and work toward that goal, not as one person, but as two people seeking the same goal. That goal being to work on the marriage together and make the marriage strong, rather than only one person working on keeping the marriage strong. I will throw in something you may not have considered. Your wife may be going through menopause and is dealing with feelings she's never experienced before and she's not communicating her feelings with you. Women going through menopause don't often think or act with a clear mind. I know of this as my first ex-wife divorced me during the time she was going through menopause and six months after the divorce she told me she made a mistake divorcing me and wanted me back. The damage was done and I found a new girlfriend and we married a year after the divorce with my first wife and were soul mates for 32 years, until her death due to natural causes. We worked on our marriage and it was the second marriage for both of us. Our working on our marriage paid off as it's very rare for two to become soul mates for 32 wonderful years.

• 1 year ago

do you treat her with regard? Do you take her out on dates? Do you compliment her? Do you thank her for the things she does for you (cooking, for example). When was the last time you took her on a vacation? And maybe affection doesn't mean anything to her if she isn't feeling appreciated, respected.

• Consider
      1 year agoReport

Women always have to be made excuses for, don't they Pat? Of course they do.

• 1 year ago

But if you made two women in a row to hate sex or touching, don’t you think you doing at least something wrong?

• 1 year ago

some women want more sex in golden years others want none

• Foofa
    1 year ago

Instead of retreating from this relationship maybe you should both get into couple's counseling to try to save it.

1 year ago

She is not away or care about your birthday.

Source(s): Sounds also like you don't hug her when she wants or before it's your birthday. She might be pms ing or on her period. Give her a week. If no improvement end the relationship.
    1 year ago

When I couldn't bear my partner to touch me, especially in bed, that is when I knew I no longer loved him. My guess is that is the case with your wife. No point living with her if she has no love to give.

1 year ago

Perhaps you might find comfort and love in a warm arm of a male....

• 1 year ago

Creating a distance isnt going to resolve the issue, its only prolonging the inevitable, you NEED to sit down with her and discuss why she is being so distant. Not wanting to hug you is a BIG problem, and it needs sorting out properly

• John1 year agoReport

Seems to me she doesn't want to loose her sugardaddy

1 year ago

Use a hooker. And let her know you have done so.l