Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 8 months ago

Acne at 18?

Ok so, I've always had the cleanest skin. When I was a teenager, I had baby skin when almost everybody else in my class had acne. Then I turned 18 and a few months later I got my first pimple. I made a really bad choice to pop it and the next day I had two. And that was only the beginning. I started getting more and more acne. I didn't really do anything at that time other than wash my face. It's been a year (I'm 19 and a half) and I still have acne all over my forehead and one or two pimples on my chin and under my nose. This is how it looks like (the picture is from my forehead). What type of acne is it, what's the cause and what can I do about it? Thank you!

Favorite Answer

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facwcacecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice coldca water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to ‘double bag’ your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

I never have had acne, a few pimples on my left chin where I am most likely to rest my hand.

The secret is never to touch the spots

The People’s Pharmacy reports that Milk of Magnesia applied topically, at night is useful. This is 10% Magnesium Hydroxide in water. Epsom salts, which are Magnesium sulphate added to a hot bath are also reported to clear up back acne.

An increase in IODINE (Seafood, milk, Lugols) is often beneficial.

The very latest treatment is super gross, but works: August 2014, T. Borody: Faecal transfer from someone with perfect skin (and I’d guess, same gender.) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

at that age is Normal

• Andy C

I'm going to tell you what and why acne is.

Acne is a skin disorder that is due to the skin being drastically weakened by liver dysfunction.

The liver dysfunction is typically caused by the presence of a poison in the regular diet. Here are the top four:

Alcohol

Fructose

Trans fats

Branched chain amino acids

Consume any of these things, regularly?

Common sources of too much fructose:

Sugar, HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, maple syrup and white flour products (most breads, crackers and pastas).

How about now?

The cause AND cure for much if not all of your acne.

And also the cause of excess body fat.

And visceral fat.

And diabetes II

And most heart disease

And most hypothyroidism

And non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

And most IBS

And most eating disorders

And poor immune system health

But, hey, acne is a good reason to quit.

Source(s): Dermatology medical journal "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D "Sugar: the Bitter Truth" on YouTube
    • Andy C

I had acne up to 36yo, quit sugar, etc. for other obvious health reasons, got thin in 5 weeks and the acne cleared up in 7.

I don't remember exactly when as I was too distracted by my new body.

LOL! This is actually normal. You probably started working or dealing with some adult problems too! Stress, Nerves, dirt, etc... There are a lot of reasons you get acne to begin with. Age doesn't really matter. My wife is 36 and has gets it bad on her back.

• 8 months agoReport

Ok, but what's so funny?

Acne goes away when it wants to I am 37 and still get it. Plus I am always stressed out wish I could relax.

• Lili

It's not about cleanliness. It's about hormones.

As for diagnosing the type and suggesting how you treat it, we are not dermatologists and have no business doing that. Given the picture, I'd say you really do need professional advice.

Good luck.