What do think about the 48 teams expansions in the FIFA World Cup?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Purely about money, more games , more TV money. With 48 teams you either have 8 groups of 6, too many group games and half of them meaningless (like Rugby world cup), or you have too many teams for the next round, leading to play offs and some teams playing more games than others whch is unfair.

32 works fine, 8 x4 gives 16 for the knockout stages.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

good

• 7 months ago

They are all Africans,,,global

• 8 months ago

They should make it 50

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • i'm in favour,, The Football World cup should be about nations across the globe participating, and not just the most elite, as well having more teams encourages teams to improve, as they automatically have a greater chance to qualify, On top of that Iceland incredible achievements basically proves you don't need to be a massive nation with traditional football values to compete,,,the population of Iceland is less than 350,000, which is the size of a regular town in most major European nations.and the best reason?, well there will be more games too watch too :-)

• 8 months ago

I thought the formula was perfect before. That being said, I don't necessarily mind the expansion itself, but I hate that there will only be groups of 3, meaning you're only guaranteed 2 games. Stupid.

• 8 months ago

48 teams are too much. 32 teams are enough for the World Cup.

• 8 months ago

It's unnecessary and it should be kept at 32 teams

• 8 months ago

It's not necessary for competition. It's just for the money

• 8 months ago

Its great but more competition

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.