Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 year ago

Which Batman movie is the best?

I haven't watched any other Batman movies besides the one with Michael Keaton. What would you recommend and which best fits Batman's true persona? Thanks for answering.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I still like Tim Burton's original Batman the best. The Dark Knight trilogy just wasn't my bag.

That having been said, the Dark Knight trilogy, ESPECIALLY the first two, were much better written and executed than the original Batman. My problem with the DK trilogy is that it's brooding and boring to me. The Burton Batman movie was more like an adventure film and less like a film that thought that a man dressed up in tights beating people up without due process should be taken 100% seriously.

But you should definitely watch Batman Begins. If you like it, the second one with Ledger's Joker is also worth your while as it's more of that sort of style. The last one was pretty stupid.

As to which represents the source material...well, they BOTH do! Remember, Batman is a character that has had many dozens of writers over the years. He's been silly, he's been murderous, he has used guns, and at other times has hated them. The Dark Knight trilogy is reflectively of the Frank Miller darker Batman. And the Bat-fleck of BvS and Just-Us League is based on that as well. Keaton's Batman is still dark, but the movie isn't dwelling on that. It gives you permission to just have fun.

1 year ago

Batman Begins

1 year ago

Batman with Jim Carrey

1 year ago

Batman (1989) with Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton.

• 1 year ago

The only one I liked at all was Batman Begins the rest are the same thing over and over.

• 1 year ago

The 1966 one with Adam West. It was like the comic book. It's silly to try t6o make children's comic books realistic. "The Dark Knight" sucks badly.

• 1 year ago

The Dark Knight

• 1 year ago

The first one with Christian Bale

1 year ago

Batman: The Movie (1966). It's a comedy like the original Batman from the comic book is supposed to be.

• Nāga
    1 year ago

My personal favorite is 'Batman Begins' but the general consensus is that the 'Dark Knight' is ranked as best.