I’m having a really hard time, how do I cope?

My dad had an affair with another woman, who just happens to be friends with my grandma and lives in Florida. My parents got divorced last year, and I just now overheard him tell my aunt he’s moving to Florida in July. I start as a freshman in college in August, and he’s not even staying to help me move (I live in... show more My dad had an affair with another woman, who just happens to be friends with my grandma and lives in Florida. My parents got divorced last year, and I just now overheard him tell my aunt he’s moving to Florida in July. I start as a freshman in college in August, and he’s not even staying to help me move (I live in IL). I just feel really hurt that he’s putting this woman before his three kids, who ALL live in IL. He’s abandoning us and moving to live with this woman and her 10 year old son. I just found this out now and I’m finding it really hard not to cry. My mom has not had a job since she was married, so now she probably won’t be able to keep my house. I hate my life so much, and I hate that my dad is putting someone he had an affair with over me. He won’t even stay here with me until I go off to college and he won’t even stay long enough to help me move there. I just find it really sad and I wish things were different. I feel like this is going to affect how I do in college, knowing he isn’t there to support me or visit me ever.
5 answers 5