Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 10 months ago

The car broke down, how do we get to key west? 1995 dodge stratus?

We were going on a trip to key west and we left from Chipley FL in the panhandle, and then we went along and the car showed up a yellow gear light with either an exclamation point or a thermometer symbol so My sister told me to put more coolant in the transmission and said that the light means the transmission is hot.

We stopped and poured coolant into the transmission dipstick at Old town fl, and eventually the transmission started slipping to low gear and we had to have the car floored to keep going 30mph.

Eventually the engine started making white smoke, and the coolant tank would no longer hold coolant, and it was running way towards the H and overheated on us multiple times, and then near homosassa the engine started running really rough let out a loud bang and stopped.

The car now goes clunk when I try to turn the key, are there any easy fixes to get us to key west by tonight or tomorrow, is there any way from homosasa to key west today or tomorrow?

What exactly is wrong with the car and is this girls trip ruined?

Where should I have the car towed to? If it takes more than a day to fix are. There any places with trains or busses going to key west nearby?

Favorite Answer

To find out what system malfunctioned use an OBD2 code reader. The light came on because *something * is wrong and it could even be more than one thing. Trouble codes tell. The light does not.

• Evil C

This is a joke right? If not, you are incomprehensibly moronic.

If you actually did what you claim, you TOW the car to a scrap yard and start shopping for a replacement.

I call this one a stupid kid troll post

Join AAA.

• Geo

Key West in an old Dodge Junk? Stupid hardly covers it.