Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

Boats existed before the flood myth. Why didn't people just get in their boats?

Attachment image

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Some argue they did but were not able to survive for 40 days and 40 nights. But that's not true, people have been stranded at sea for that long and longer.

I guess god reached down with his giant hand flicked all other boats into matchsticks.

Or, the story is just a myth.

• 9 months ago

Most people didn't prepare boats, much less provision them, when they were warned that the Flood was coming.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

That would have kept them afloat in the mythical rain, yes. I don't quite see what you are asking.

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

As you stated, It's a myth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

It's a myth.

• 9 months ago

Because you already stated it is a flood MYTH.

• 9 months ago

Antediluvian boat building technology was pretty much restricted to animal skin coracles and Kon-Tiki like balsa and hemp constructed pedalos.

None of these were able to withstand the tempestuous sea conditions of the Great Deluge.

• 9 months ago

Although there were "waters" and "Seas", Gen. 1:9-10, mankind was probably too dumb to build boats There is no evidence of it. What would they have used these supposed boats for anyway, before the flood? "For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth." Genesis 2:5

• Pete
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Does that mean there were no oceans or lakes to fish in at the time?

• 9 months ago

If the flood was an older "myth", converted to an allegorical tale, then why would they need to?

• Someone Else
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

I never said it was. I don't know. If my Father wants me to know all the answers, he will tell me.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Ssshhhhh.

You know you are not supposed to point out the obvious floors.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.