Do you think I'd pass as a female eventually after starting HRT as a MtF?

I'll probably start when I'm 32 in a few months.

I'm also a smoker but plan on quitting before starting the hormones so my skin has been negatively affected.

Favorite Answer

First, you don't need to "pass" as something you already are.

"Passing" is a flawed concept because it implies deception, which is the opposite of what transition is about (living authentically). It also continues the cycle that many trans people have been stuck in for most of their lives, which is of living for other people instead of themselves. The only person you have to "pass" for is yourself. The only person you have to please is yourself.

All that out of the way, I think your face is pretty androgynous, at least from the front. HRT will only makes things better. The one area I am concerned with, based on this single pic, is your hairline. I wonder if parting your hair in the middle might help the appearance. Also realize the texture of your hair and skin will change a bit on HRT.

From the neck up I think you'll do fine. I say that because we can't see how tall you are or what the rest of your body looks like. Last, I started when I was 42 and it worked out for me, so don't think you're too old.

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)

Hard to say although I don't see why not.

You'll be pleasantly surprised.

no way .........................................................

• Lv 7

Rick tends to be a d*ck.