Alan asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Am I a libertarian?

I'm against abortion (I'm pro-life), I'm against the death penalty, I'm for gun rights, I'm for freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of thought, freedom of expression, freedom of press, freedom of assembly, right to privacy, right to defend myself, I'm for small government, I'm against all drugs (except medical cannabis), I'm for same-sex marriage, I'm for amnesty for illegal immigrants who are already here, but I'm against open-borders, I'm against socialism, I'm for free healthcare, I'm for school choice, & against the public school system, I'm for separation of church & state, I support social security, I'm against affirmative action, I don't support transgenders, there are only 2 genders, I'm for free markets, Climate change is real, I'm for lowering taxes, & I'm for civil rights (for all citizens)

• Zirp

probably not. Are you in favour of leaving almost everything to the almighty market?

What do you even think " socialism" is?

No. Most libertarians I know, support marijuana legalization.

>"I'm against abortion (I'm pro-life)...I'm against all drugs (except medical cannabis)...I'm for free healthcare, I'm for school choice...I support social security"

These are all very anti-libertarian positions.

I wouldn't say that you're a Libertarian. You seem like an Independent who has mixed views.

• yodi

nope just another dumbed down American.

When the tax collected isn't sufficient to support the country, you are going to do what?

Hit your bunker and be a martyr and shoot your countrymen? You become the thing you hate?

So you're for perversion? What is wrong with you? Amnesty, wtf? Oh, so you're for kicking your own creator out something? "Free" healthcare...? How can anything be free truly?

It’s impossible to be a libertarian if you want to control what other people do with their private parts.

It’s impossible to be libertarian if you want to control what people want to consume.

It’s impossible to be a libertarian and force the recognition of only two genders. Even genetically there are more than two.

Other than that.. you sound like a moderate liberal.

You sound like a Jeff Flake Republican.

Amnesty is no different from open borders. If you can grant amnesty now, you can grant it an indefinite number of times.

Also, I didn't answer the question because it's clearly an excuse to talk about yourself.