How can i activate the "Preload pages for faster browsing and searching" option in the settings section of my EEE laptop and my chrome book?

In the settings section on my EEE laptop and my chrome book, when ever i try to click on the switch that's next to the puzzle piece which is also next to the "Preload pages for faster browsing and searching" option with the description "Uses cookies to remember your preferences, even if you don’t... show more In the settings section on my EEE laptop and my chrome book, when ever i try to click on the switch that's next to the puzzle piece which is also next to the "Preload pages for faster browsing and searching" option with the description "Uses cookies to remember your preferences, even if you don’t visit those pages", the switch just doesn't move to the right side and it doesn't turn on. What i want to know is why is that and how can i fix it so that i can turn it on and make both of my laptops run faster. Especially my
"mini laptop, asus, mod. EEE PC. W/CH" laptop? Please give me details and/or a source or 2 with your answers, if any of you can! That would be very greatly appreciated. A source or 2 with each and every answer isn't needed, but it's a bonus.