My finches abandoned their eggs?

Everything seemed well when I put a pair of zebras together with a small wicker nest. They built quickly and began sitting after the 3rd and 4th eggs. I called my bird store and asked if there was any problem with getting bigger box since I felt the original one I purchased would be way to small since I now... show more Everything seemed well when I put a pair of zebras together with a small wicker nest. They built quickly and began sitting after the 3rd and 4th eggs. I called my bird store and asked if there was any problem with getting bigger box since I felt the original one I purchased would be way to small since I now upgraded to a bigger cage. They assured me that finches were very forgiving when the eggs are moved. I carefully moved the original nest to the bird box I built without even touching the eggs. I added extra nesting material to support the original nest in the bigger box but they buried the eggs. Can't figure out what their plan is. She laid her first egg 5 days ago and they began sitting on them until I moved the eggs. it's been 24 hours and they've shown no interest in the nest except to bury the eggs. not sure if they want the top of the house opened or closed.
2 answers 2