Apparently scientists are on the way towards inventing a male contraceptive pill, are you male and would you take such a pill?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • rick
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

At MY age? At age 83, I'll take my chances. Even though my age group has the most STI's, I will still take my chances. The odds are in my favor.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I’m a man. Since I’ve had a vasectomy, I wouldn’t take such a pill. It would be redundant.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

A male sex drive killer , with no adverse effects would be a far better solution , only males desire sex , so this eliminates the problem at source !! Women , as they want men to leave them well alone , would welcome this even more. Less men used by women too !!

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

depends on the side effects

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Nope. I have no interest in destroying my sperm count or to lower my testosterone levels. Of course, if other men take it I will end up feeling the consequences of that since it will get into my water.

Besides, average sperm count is already down 50% since the 1950's and I see no valid reason to make that problem worse. Lowering birth rate below one is also not desirable and will be hard to reverse if I'm right about it getting into the water supply since removing hormone affecting chemicals in water is not possible at the moment. Yes, it has been tired several times.

And shutting down testicle function and increasing androgen levels to make up for it is insane. Androgen is meant to work alongside testosterone, not replace it. Yes, the scientists have been quoted saying the pill does just that. Why a man would want to shut down his balls is beyond me.

On a side note, men looking for help with infertility is already on the sharp incline and if this hits the market that problem will get worse as it will not be just affecting those men that take it.

• y
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

When younger, yes, I certainly would have thought about it.

• 9 months ago

Unlikely. My girlfriend has just started menopause (Hallelujah! Dating a younger woman, I was WAITING for that), and besides, I don't WANT my hormone balance fracked with, I feel pretty good about it the way it is.

Anything that causes THAT big a change in how human physiology works HAS to have serious side effects.

Same with the women's pill.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.