Can my car be fixed ?

My fiance and I were coming around a dark road and we ended up going into a ditch we were able to drive the car out and got it to a safe place but after a while of driving the car stopped and now it just makes a screeching sound when you turn the key and it won't come on the bottom fender is pushed in and we looked under the hood and it wasn't anything out of place nothing was leaking either I just wanted to get some opinons on what you guys think I have it at a repair place now but I'm so affraid that they will say they can't fix it and I don't have insurance and I was willing to pay out of pocket for it please help

Best Answer

Almost everything can be fixed if you have enough money to throw at it, but we can't tell you what the problem is from your very inadequate description. I can tell you this. The "light white smoke", wsan't smoke, it was steam from the cooling system, so something there got loosened or ruptured. You'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out from the shop. No insurance? Epic fail. Went off the road in the dark because you were driving too fast for the visibility? Epic fail.

• zipper

You need to ask a mechanic that can look at the car and check it out. It could be a sensor has moved or you broke a wirier off. Most like yes it can be fixed. But this is not the place to find out that answer, we done ain't seen the car now have we.

The light white smoke was steam from the coolant. Possibly you've ruptured the radiator, maybe ripped a hose off, then run it without coolant and seized it, we can't tell from here. The only way is to get someone who knows what they're doing to look at it, so you'll have to wait and see.

Odds are the coolant has all leaked out and the engine is seized.

That's just a guess because your description of the damage is quite vague.

I forgot to mention there was light white smoke coming from it but it wasn't think smoke